Pages

Shots And Thoughts From An Ordinary Guy.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Light Unto My Path



I was out running this evening in SeaTac and as I ran down this path something struck me. I had to stop and take a picture. The more I ran the more I began to think about the picture I took and the thought came to my mind, "why?"

Well, this week has been an interesting week for me. I felt a bit in a funk a couple of times and as I was running I began to reflect on some things about the week. So bear with me as I share a couple of thoughts.

Earlier in the week I had a mental picture during one particular moment. I was sitting on a rock in the middle of the forest. Now this was a pretty good sized rock and the place I was sitting was high in altitude. I looked around and all I could see was a curtain of fir trees blocking my views. In and amongst the trees were numerous pathways leading here and there, but I felt no sense of which one I should take. As I looked around I heard a quiet voice say, "look up."

So I looked up. There was a clearing up in the trees. As I looked up I saw a star. I questioned what the star might be there for and then I felt a fleeting thought go through my mind. It was about the three wise men who followed the star to see Jesus. I ran through the scriptures in my mind for a matter of seconds and read the story mentally about the star guiding them through to the Holy One. But one thing in particular was impressed on my mind.

Though the story in the Bible takes a matter of minutes to read, the journey was just that, a journey.

And as I sat on that rock, metaphorically, I began to realize that all I needed to do to get out of the funk I was in was to look up and follow Him. And to be reassured that the struggles I go through are momentary and the place He is leading me to is a real blessing. And also, remember, it is going to be a journey, so be patient and stay looking at the Star.

So all that from a picture of a jogging path that has a couple of lights around the perimeter... Yep.

Psa 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.

weapher