Pages

Shots And Thoughts From An Ordinary Guy.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

SAFE!

After playing, coaching, or umping for the last 35 years I have had the joy of seeing a lot of really exciting games. Today was no exception...



Grayson's team, The Portland Royals, were tied going into the bottom of the sixth inning. There were runners on 2nd and 3rd and the count was full with two outs on the hitter. The runner on third stole home and the play was made... I was the plate umpire so I was in no rush to make the call until I could see all the angles... once the dust settled I saw the ball rolling slowing out of the catchers glove and into the front of the plate. SAFE! The opponent slowly walked off and the winning Royals cheered for their victory, and all that was left when the teams left the field was the infamous dropped ball!

This was a great game and I would have to say it was even more awesome that I was able to be behind the plate to see it from the best seat in the house.

Great job Portland LL Royals for another amazing win!

No comments: