Pages

Shots And Thoughts From An Ordinary Guy.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Get Out And Vote... and then take action!

As most of you who are regular readers of my blog know, I have pretty much refrained from sharing my opinion on politics this year. I recently came across this video and wanted to share it. It is pretty good and the message rings true, but I think it needs to go further. One person's vote isn't going to change the country, but it is a start. We need to fight for our values and beliefs as individuals and not look to government to solve our problems.

It is time for Christians to stand up for the values and beliefs that are the foundation of our faith. Whether you are a Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever, you have a responsibility to vote for what is right.

This country was founded on values that are being compromised daily and it is time for a change. Time to take back the country and put Godly values and traditions back in the forefront of society. We have taken Christmas out of the schools and public places, removed "under God" from of our pledge of allegiance, and are beginning to replace traditional marriage with "same sex unions."

Abortion has become a form of birth control, television and movies have almost become unwatchable because of the abhorrent sex and violence, and our communities are being overtaken by drugs and violence.

When is it going to come to an end? That question is quite difficult to answer. All I know is it comes down to doing what is right... I wish voting for one man could change the world, but I believe that we are in need of more than just a vote. More than just hoping one man can solve all of our problems. It is time for Christians to be bold for their faith, stand up at school and at work and in their communities and say enough is enough. I believe we founded this nation on basic Christian principles and I hope in the next year fellow Christians get a fire lit underneath them and change the path this country is going down.

Putting the right man in the whitehouse is just the beginning. From there we need to stand up for what is right in our own communities and not fear those who oppose it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!!!! I have already voted, but it is a "scary time" in American history. The only reasurrance I hold to is that God is in control.