Pages

Shots And Thoughts From An Ordinary Guy.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Five Virtues

I went for a run on Friday afternoon and as I was going through the field of a local school here in Sea-Tac I noticed this painting on the wall. My first thought was that I was pleased that it hadn't been tagged with graffiti yet. I ran past it and read all of the words on it and then decided to go back and take a picture because something struck me.



In a world so filled with sin and immorality is was nice to see a message that encouraged virtuous behavior. We live in an "MTV / Real World" generation filled with sex, violence, and rude behavior. It is a breath of fresh air to see images around our kids that are more positive.

I posted back in September a picture of a sign I saw on a neighboring school to this one. It said "GUN FREE ZONE." Definately a contrast to this wall mural.
  • Caring
  • Honesty
  • Responsibility
  • Respect
  • Faith
May we all walk through life remembering these virtues.

1 comment:

Kris said...

That is an interesting mural. I wonder what they teach the kids to put their "Faith" in and what is their foundation for Caring, honesty, Responsibilty, respect, and faith is? Is is Christ, or are we teaching it is our self??? Makes me wonder. That is good they are teaching the virtues, I hope they take it a step further though.