Pages

Shots And Thoughts From An Ordinary Guy.

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Here's where I want to be today...

I am feeling very stuck in a rut today and have been for several weeks. I know where I wish I was and I see where I am and I haven't figured out how to get from where I am to where I want to be. This photo today pretty much represents where I want to be... Not necessarily on this exact peak per se, but just someplace different. Up high, doing what I love rather than down low, feeding off of the bottom like a carp in the Willamette river.


I don't know... just looking at a day like today and as I roll along the rails and see people with their families and walking dogs and running along the paths... I just wish sometimes my schedule was normal so I could do those things too... Alright... rant is over. I did right a poem today. Not the most uplifting but it came out of somewhere inside me... Guess everyday can't be a bowl of cherries.

weapher

here's the poem

stuck in a rut and you don't know why
doesn't really matter how hard you try
things stay the same no matter what you do
it all falls apart when the day is through
round in circles till the sun goes down
falling asleep on your face is a frown
wonder what to do when the dawn is near
start all over again till it all seems clear
but as the sun rolls round to the other side
you look at yourself and swallow your pride
stuck in a rut and you don't know why
then you ask yourself why should I try




No comments: