Pages

Shots And Thoughts From An Ordinary Guy.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Let's Do Church...American Idol Style

Now I have seen it all...As I mentioned in my post last night after "Idol Gives Back", The American Idol top 8 closed the show with "Shout to the Lord." Well, I have to say that I am truly awestruck by the fact that idol opened the show tonight with the same worship song. This time leaving the "Jesus" word in tact at the beginning. And to top it all off, the crowd was totally into it. Applauding mid song as if to be worshiping God right at that moment, and giving a standing O at the end of it. Praise God. It is incredibly refreshing to hear that type of praise on network television. The most peculiar part to me is the fact that it is on a show that actually calls itself "Idol." How is that for ironic?
(see exodus 20:4-6)




Once again I have included the embedded youtube video in my posting. I really hope this trend to focus on the Lord continues, especially in our pop culture. With the debauchery we see on television on a daily basis, it is quite pleasing to see this. Enjoy the video...

Exodus 20:4-6 "You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. "You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing lovingkindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.


weapher

No comments: