Pages

Shots And Thoughts From An Ordinary Guy.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

This Is All I Need.

Do you remember the ending to the movie "The Jerk?" Steve Martin wanders out of his house taking with him all the things he couldn't live without. Well, I was sitting at 15th and Powell today for four hours and I thought I would take a shot of all the things a freight conductor can't live without. Here they are:
  • current news paper
  • satellite radio playing St. Louis Cardinals baseball game
  • coffee
  • water bottle
  • baseball cap
  • binoculars
  • ink pen
  • wheat thins and salmon flavored cream cheese
  • pistachios
  • signal awareness form...
That's all I need to survive a 4 hour delay! After parking the train here for four hours they finally determined we didn't have enough time to make it into the terminal... so they sent a van to come get us. Not bad, pay a guy $125 to hang out on a train.

There are certainly more difficult ways to make money.

No comments: